1. John, along with twenty friends ( is / are ) planing a party.
2. The picture of the soldiers ( bring / brings ) back many memories.
3. The quality of these recordings ( is / are ) not very good.
4. If the duties of these officers ( isn’t / aren’t ) reduced, there will not be enough time to finish the project.
5. The effects of cigarette smoking ( have / has ) been proven to be extremely harmful.
6. The use of credit cards in place of cash ( have / has ) increased rapidly in recent years.
7. Advertisements on television ( is / are ) becoming more competitive than ever before.
8. Living expenses in his country, as well as in many others, (is/are) at an all-time high.
9. Mr Jones, accompanied by several members of the committee, (have/has) proposed some change of the rules.
10. The levels of intoxication ( vary / varies ) from subject to subject.
11.Neither Bill nor Mary (is/are) going to the play tonight.
12. Anything (is/are) better than going to another movie tonight.
13. Skating (is/are) becoming more popular every day.
14. A number of reporters (was/were) at the conference yesterday.
15. Everybody who (has/have) a fever must go home immediately.
16. Your glasses (was/were) on the bureau last night.
17. There (was/were) some people at the meeting last night.
18. The committee (has/have) already reached a decision.
19. A pair of jeans (was/were) in the washing machine this morning.
20. Each student (has/have) answered the first three questions.
21. Either John or his wife (make/makes) breakfast each morning.
22. After she had perused the material, the secretary decided that everything (was/were) in order.
23. The crowd at the basketball game (was/were) wild with excitement.
24. A pack of wild dogs (has/have) frightened all the ducks away.
25. The jury (is/are) trying to reach a decision.
26. The army (has/have) eliminated this section of the training test.
27. The number of students who have withdraw from class this quarter (is/are) appalling.
28. There (has/have) been too many interruptions in this class.Share